Steps on How to Put on Sterile Gloves
- Perform hand hygiene.
- Select the appropriate sized gloves.
- Open the sterile package of sterile gloves with caution by using the flaps surrounding the package. Remember you have 2 inches to grab around the sterile field without contaminating it.
- First, glove your dominate hand. Pick up the glove for the dominate hand with your non-dominate hand by grasping the inside of the cuff of the glove. Then slide it onto your dominate hand. Be careful not to touch anything with this gloved hand other than the sterile packaging.
- Take your sterile gloved hand and slip it under the cuff of the other glove to glove your non-dominate hand. Gently push the glove (while the hand is still under the cuff) onto your non-dominate hand.
- Adjust the gloves carefully…making sure you don’t touch your skin or other objects.
How to Put on Mask and use it
- Open sterile bag.
- Check the medical mask for defects. Once you’ve taken a new (unused) medical mask from the box, check it to ensure it doesn’t contain any defects, holes or tears in the material. If the mask has defects, holes, tears, throw it away and select another new (unused) mask from the box.
- Orient the top of the mask properly. In order for the mask to fit as close to your skin as possible, the top portion of the mask will have a bendable, but stiff, edge that can be moulded around your nose. Ensure this bendable side is facing upwards before applying the mask to your face.
- Ensure the proper side of the mask faces outwards. The inside of most medical masks are white in color, while the outside has a color of some sort. Before applying the mask to your face, make sure the white side of the mask is facing towards your face.
- Place the mask on your face. There are many types of medical masks available, each with different methods of attaching the mask to your head.
- Ear Loops — Some masks have 2 ear loops on either side of the mask. These loops are normally made of an elastic material, so they can be stretched. Pick up this type of mask by the loops, put 1 loop around one ear and then put the other loop around your other ear.
- Ties or Straps — Some masks come with pieces of fabric that are tied around the back of your head. Most masks with ties come with upper and lower ties or straps. Pick up the mask by the upper ties, place the ties around the back of your head and attach them together with a bow.
- Bands — Some masks come with 2 elastic bands that are placed over and around the back of your head (as opposed to around your ears). Hold the mask in front of your face, pull the top band over the top of your head and place it around the crown of your head. Then pull the bottom band over the top of your head and place it at the base of your skull.
- Adjust the nose piece. Now that the medical mask is in place on your head and face, use your index finger and thumb to pinch the bendable portion of the top edge of the mask around the bridge of your nose.
- Fit the mask to your face and under your chin. Once the mask is completely secured, adjust it to ensure it covers your face and mouth, and so the bottom edge is under your chin.
The proper way to apply hand sanitizer
Make sure all organic matter like dirt and grease are removed from your hands.Apply a dime-size amount to the palm of one hand.Rub your hands together, covering all surfaces of both hands, including between your fingers and up around your fingertips and nails. Rub hands together for 30 seconds to allow your hands to completely absorb the product and the hand sanitizer to completely dry. Don’t touch food or anything until your hands are dry.That’s it. Properly applying hand sanitizer takes less time than it takes to phone in a pizza order or get the mail. Hand sanitizers will immediately go to work, swiftly killing 99.9 percent of all microorganisms on our hands and allowing us to get on with our busy days.